Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
1 tbs olive oil (I used light extra virgin olive oil)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
For the Avocado salsa:
1 avocado, sliced
1/2 small red onion, sliced
Juice from 2 limes
1-2 tbs finely chopped cilantro (depending on how big of a cilantro lover you are)
Salt to taste
- Mix the salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper together, rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and this seasoning mix
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Combine the avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and mix well, chill until ready to use.
- Grill the salmon to desired doneness. (I grilled for about 5 minutes)
- Top with avocado salsa and enjoy!